Used as a stepping stone for young plants between indoor and outdoor growth, the Large Timber Cold Frame from is provides a generous amount of room for protecting plants and easing them into their new life in the outside world.
The acrylic glazing of this cold frame provides a safer alternative to glass, while remaining practical and allowing in plenty of sunlight and warmth. Its two independently opening lids can be propped open allowing you to work without exposing your plants completely.
We recommend hat you use a weed block fabric alongside this cold frame to stop any weeds from growing through, as well as capturing even more warmth.
So you can enjoy your wooden cold frame for many years to come, the timber has been pressure treated for a superior build. This provides a 15 year guarantee against rot and fungal decay with no need for further retreatment, saving you time and money.
Comes with full instruction for quick and easy self-assembly.
- Impressive 15 year guarantee against rot and fungal decay with no need to re-treat
- Pressure treated timber for longevity of build and appearance
- Perfect as a transitional stage between the greenhouse and planting in the open
- Two independently opening lids allow you to easily access your plants
- Acrylic glazing, a safer alternative to glass
- For increased insulation and to deter weeds, we recommend using a weed block fabric underneath the cold frame
- FSC certified timber from sustainable sources
- Delivered flat packed